United do have options though, as substitute Javier Hernande

Na tym forum możesz porozmawiać o Seabird CMS.
To forum nie służy do zgłaszania problemów i błędów!

United do have options though, as substitute Javier Hernande

Postprzez wangshi0816 » 18 lis 2017, o 02:31

WASHINGTON -- When he found out he was getting his first start in seven weeks, Michal Neuvirth felt the same way he did before his NHL debut. Deatrich Wise Jr. Jersey . Anxiety. Nerves. Butterflies. That first start, five seasons ago, went well for the Washington Capitals goalie and so did Fridays game against the Toronto Maple Leafs as he made 32 saves in a 3-2 victory. "I was nervous, couldnt really sleep before the game," Neuvirth said. "I was feeling like I was as nervous as my first NHL game. My girlfriend told me just do what you do and try to be good." Neuvirth was just that, giving up just two goals, both on deflections. In his first NHL game, Neuvirth had 31 saves in a 5-1 victory over Tampa Bay. "I thought he played a great game, I really did," Washington coach Adam Oates said. "First period, I think he had some shots that allowed him to get into the game, which is good for him. After the second goal, he made a fantastic save that saved the game for us." Neuvirths work paved the way for Joel Ward to score the go-ahead goal with just over 8 minutes left in the third period, and Alex Ovechkin added a goal and an assist. Nicklas Backstrom also scored as the Capitals won on back-to-back nights for the fourth time this year. It was the fourth straight loss for Toronto after a 3-2 victory over Detroit on Jan. 1 in the Winter Classic, and the Maple Leafs have been outscored 21-7 in the defeats. James Van Riemsdyk and Phil Kessel each had a goal and an assist. Coming off a 6-1 loss Thursday night at Carolina, Toronto saw some positives in the defeat. "This might be one of the better games weve played in a month. We showed desperation. We showed that we care," coach Randy Carlyle said. "Weve been begging, pleading, kicking, kissing, whatever we can do to try and find a way to play with some confidence. It seems like weve squeezed our sticks here. Its mind boggling." Kessels team-high 21st goal gave Toronto a short-lived 2-1 lead in the third when his shot went off the stick of Washington defenceman Karl Alzner and over the shoulder of Nuevirth. The Caps got the equalizer in similar fashion with 15:24 left as Backstroms severe-angle shot went off the skate of Maple Leafs centre Jay McClement and past Jonathan Bernier (32 saves) for his 11th goal. "A little lucky," Oates said. "Their second goal, Alzy breaks a stick on that deflection. A little lucky, so were even." Wards winner, his 13th of the season, came with 8:10 left, 6 seconds after Toronto had killed a penalty, as he fired a slap shot from 15 feet out on a pass from Marcus Johansson. "I was a little upset at first cause the way it kind of came off my stick," Ward said. "But I kind of got enough to actually go in." After that, Neuvirth kept Washington in command, making his final save with 12 seconds left. The last time the 25-year-old was set to play for the Capitals, on Nov. 29, he suffered a leg injury in warmups. He had not suited up for a game since. With the Caps playing their second of five games in a span of seven days, Braden Holtby struggling and rookie Philipp Grubauer coming off a taxing 4-3 win Thursday night at Tampa Bay, Neuvirth made his first start since Nov. 22. In the absence of Neuvirth, Grubauer (6-2-3) emerged as perhaps the teams most reliable goalie, prompting Neuvirth to request a trade last month. "Ive been watching a lot of hockey from the press box," Neuvirth said. "I havent seen the puck for some time. Probably would be tough if I get scored on in the first couple minutes, but I didnt want to think about it." NOTES: Washington D John Erskine had an eventful second period, drawing a pair of penalties for fighting. The scraps were against Cody Franson and Colton Orr. Nate Solder Jersey . You can see all the action on TSN2 beginning at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. Chicago won two of three games during its stay at the United Center. The club began the homestand with a 5-1 win over Pittsburgh on March 1 and fell to Colorado on Tuesday before posting another blowout win in Thursdays tilt against Columbus. Duron Harmon Jersey . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/ .Y. -- When the New York Islanders lead was cut in half in the opening minute of the third period, the sense of impending doom began wafting through Nassau Coliseum.MANCHESTER, England -- Manchester United continued its resurgence by recording a fourth straight win, comfortably seeing off a disappointing West Ham 3-1 in the Premier League. Danny Welbecks first goal at Old Trafford since October 2012 was followed by a superb effort from Adnan Januzaj as United took command before the break on Saturday. Substitute Ashley Young then produced the perfect first-time finish to Wayne Rooneys layoff to ensure Carlton Coles late strike was nothing more than a consolation. United started the game trying to avoid a third straight defeat at Old Trafford for the first time since 1979 though this never looked likely. United provisionally moves up a spot to seventh. West Ham stays immediately above the relegation zone. It was not all good news for United manager David Moyes as Welbeck departed with an injury early in the second half and Januzaj was booked for diving. However, Uniteds winning streak equals the best it has managed since Moyes replaced Sir Alex Ferguson in the summer and represents an encouraging entrance to the festive campaign, when United really need to hit the accelerator if they are to mount any challenge toward the top end of the table. A brilliant reaction save from West Ham goalkeeper Adrian to deny Tom Cleverley inside the first minute, followed by an extended period of possession without creating too much, hinted at another difficult afternoon for the Red Devils. Yet the home supporters remained resolutely behind the team and United retained the confidence to attack. And when Welbeck found the returning Rooney and was on hand to collect the return, he had suffficient self-belief to drive an effort goalwards in the 26th minute. Rex Burkhead Jersey. Making his Premier League debut, Adrian was unable to stop the ball going under him. Not that Welbeck was complaining. His first goal in this stadium for 427 days took him to six for the campaign, three times as many as he managed in the whole of last season. After that, the 18-year-old Januzaj took centre stage. He received a rebuke from Mark Noble when he went down in the box, yet the West Ham man had levered him out of the way and was fortunate not to concede a penalty. Within a minute, Januzaj was exchanging passes with Welbeck and powering home his first goal at Old Trafford in the 36th as James Collins was made to look foolish by the ease with which Januzaj stepped aside him. In a mixed afternoon, Januzajs blatant dive by the touchline drew a deserved booking. Welbecks departure 10 minutes after the restart with what appeared to be an ankle injury could add to an already lengthy list of absentees. United do have options though, as substitute Javier Hernandez proved when he fired home from 12 yards, only for the effort to be harshly ruled out for offside. The hosts did not need to wait long for their third though, with Young continuing his superb week by applying the finish to Rooneys layoff in the 72nd. Moyes took the opportunity to give hard-working full-back Patrice Evra a break. However, it was the Frenchmans replacement, Alexander Buttner, who lost his concentration to allow Cole to break the offside trap for the Hammers late strike in the 81st, which denied United its biggest home win of the season. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wangshi0816

Powrót do Dyskusje o Seabird